So, here are all the reasons why Janelle Monáe came and slayed the year that is 2018.
2. THEN, after teasing us with those melodic tunes, Janelle released Dirty Computer, the album and the ~emotion picture.~
3. She also shook the internet with her REVOLUTIONARY music video for “Pynk.” I live for a feminist queen.
4. In an interview with Rolling Stone – of which she graced the cover – she came out as pansexual.
5. Speaking of magazine covers, she also graced the cover of W Magazine back in February…
6. …as well as Fast Company and Allure.
7. Oh yeah, and she was also named one of Glamour’s “Women of the Year.” NBD.
8. Earlier this month, Time magazine named Dirty Computer one of the ten best albums of the year.
9. Janelle Monáe is set to star in Welcome to Marwen, a much-anticipated Oscar hopeful, releasing in December 2018.
10. On the topic of movies, Universal Pictures signed a first look deal with Janelle Monáe’s production company, Wondaland Productions.
11. She also headlined AfroPunk Brooklyn this year, alongside Erykah Badu, The Internet, and other legends.
12. Let’s not forget about A Revolution of Love, a YouTube Music artist spotlight story which gave us Janelle fans an inside look into her beautiful mind.
13. Oh, and to top it all off, Janelle Monáe will be receiving the Trailblazer of the Year Award at the 2018 Billboard Women in Music event.
14. AND SHE DID ALL THIS WHILE SERVING US THESE FRESHER THAN FRESH LOOKS™.
So, shout out to YOU Janelle Monáe. You won 2018. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next year <3